Sunday 1 August 2010

Reform Symposium 2010


I'd like to say a very big thank you to all the Reform Symposium conference participants who attended my presentation earlier today. For those of you who missed it, there is a Slideshare of my Powerpoint below. I will add a link to the recorded talk on my blog when it becomes available shortly.

A huge thanks to all the organizers, and volunteers, who helped make my talk such an enjoyable experience. In particular, I would like to mention Shelly Terrell, who has been my guardian angel throughout the past few days. I had a touch of nerves shortly before my presentation, and Shelly was able to reassure me.

Thanks also to everyone who tweeted about my presentation and mentioned it on various social media platforms. I really appreciated this.

A Truly Awesome Conference
I will be posting links to some of the amazing talks I attended over the next few days. This e-conference has truly been mind-blowing! I wish I could have attended all of the talks. I have been to 10 so far. Each and every presentation was fantastic, and I learned so much!!

Check out this fab blog post Great Quotes from the 2010 Reform Symposium by Jennifer Verschoor.

The "new" in teaching is LEARNING. This is one of my personal favourite quotes of the whole conference by Monika Hardy, whose talk I will definitely be viewing in the recorded archives.

Learning leads to empowerment and satisfaction, and ultimately, a very happy teacher, don't you think?? Also, a very happy teacher will always equal a very happy and fulfilled student.

No comments: